To engage youth from the ages of 13-18 in the RHCC service area, preparing them for careers and college readiness as well as providing an area where they feel safe and can interact with their peers and purposeful adults in a relaxed but structured setting.
Youth will congregate at the Rose Hill Community Center Monday-Friday from 3:00 pm-8:00pm. Homework help will be provided each day. One day a week will be dedicated to a specific educational activity. Youth utilize the events held at the community center for volunteering opportunities such feeding the community, community center clean-up, community center holiday parties and mentoring Boys and Girls Club participants.
Program staff assist with planning and engaging the youth with specific educational activities, provide homework help, and supervise interactive group activities.
- Development of a Teen Council to create a sense of ownership in programming and to reduce at risk behaviors
- Teen referrals to other services as needed
- Increase community teen awareness of the importance of preparing for careers and college opportunities
- Volunteer credit hours to provide opportunities for teens to complete volunteer credit hours for high school graduation
- Quarterly teen focus group
- Quarterly parent meeting
- Sustain and maintain a collaborative partnership with William Penn
- Sustain and maintain a collaborative partnership with McCullough Middle School